➤ Day 1, Sun: IstanbulYour representative will be waiting to greet you while you land in Istanbul. After having been transferred to your hotel, welcome briefing. Overnight in Istanbul.
➤ Day 2, Mon: IstanbulYour day begins with a guided tour exploring the ancient city with highlights to include the magnificent Topkapi Palace (main residence of the Ottoman Sultans), then walk across the Byzantine Hippodrome that was the scene of chariot races. In the afternoon, we visit Saint Sophia Church, historic seat of the Byzantine church, built in 537 AD and now a museum whose mosaics, stained glass windows and decorated domes have been crafted to create an environment of breath taking beauty. A short walk through the gardens takes us to the Blue Mosque of Sultan Ahmet 1, built in 1616 and famous for its unique ceramic tiles. Overnight in Istanbul (B).
➤ Day 3, Tue: Pergamum - Thyatira - Smyrna (Izmir)Early morning flight to Izmir and visit Pergamum (Rev. 2:12-17), and Asclepion; then continue toThyatira (Rev. 2:18-29; Acts 16:14), a city of artisans’ guilds during St. Paul's time. Late afternoon we continue to Izmir, ancient Smyrna (Rev 2:8-11), Homer’s birthplace on the Aegean Coast (B,D).
➤ Day 4, Wed: Ephesus - St. Mary’s House - IzmirThis morning we explore Ephesus with its expansive synthesis of Greco-Roman and Christian remains (Ephesians; Rev 1:11: 2:1-7: Acts 18:19-28: 19:1-4). It was the home of St. Paul between 54 and 57 AD. We visit nearby Virgin Mary’s House on a wooded hilltop where it was miraculously discovered. Return to Izmir for overnight and dinner (B,D).
➤ Day 5, Thu: Sardis - Philadelphia - PamukkaleAfter breakfast we visit Sardis with its beautiful gymnasium and marble paved synagogue. Then continue to Philadelphia (Rev 3:7-13), a favorite city of Paul and John. Late afternoon we continue on to Pamukkale, the white "Cotton Fortress" lime cascades of the Roman spa Hierapolis. Enjoy a leisurely bath in the warm mineral waters of your hotel’s pool (B,D).
➤ Day 6, Fri : Hierapolis - Laodicea - IzmirMorning visit Hierapolis. This was Philip the Evangelist’s home. We will tour the extensive necropolis, churches and baths. Then stop at nearby Laodicea (Rev. 3:14-22: Col 2:1: 4:13-16). Late afternoon continue to Izmir for overnight and dinner (B,D).
➤ Day 7, Sat : CappadociaMorning flight to Kayseri and a full day touring with the "moon-like" topography and unique landscape of Cappadocia. Goreme with its chapels carved by early Christians and decorated with frescoes dating from the 6th and 10th Centuries is an unforgettable experience. Visit the underground city of Kaymakli where thousands of early Christians lived concealed from persecutors in eight story complexes of subterranean dwellings before checking in to our hotel to enjoy the picturesque views of this ancient and historic land (B,D).
➤ Day 8, Sun : Cappadocia – IstanbulThis morning visit the pottery making village of Avanos and the Byzantine monastic complex ofZelve. Afternoon drive to Kayseri (or Nevsehir) and take a short flight to Istanbul and overnight at a hotel near the airport (B,D).
➤Day 9, Mon : Istanbul - ReturnYour escort will transfer you to the airport for the flight home (B).
Duration of the Tour: 9 days & 7 nights
Prices in American DollarCategory
PP in DBL
PP in TRP
* Accommodation at the quoted or similar hotels depending on availability on per person in a double room basis as specified on the itinerary
* Sightseeing with English speaking licensed professional tourist guide
* Transportation with air-conditioned vehicles the size of which depends on the number of the participants
* Arrival and return transfers within the tour context
* Admission fees as per the itinerary
* Meals as indicated by code letters of (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch and (D) Dinner
* All the local taxes and service charges
* Porterage and tips at the hotels
* Extra meals or other food items purchased over and above what is in the set menus; beverages including bottled water, spirits, laundry. Border and airport taxes, passport and visa charges, travel insurance and all other items of a purely personal nature as well as tipping
* Both international and domestic airfares
* Personal travel insurance (We stronglyencourage you to obtain this before you leave your country as it might protect you from possible cancellation costs)
* Customary tips for the guide and driver that are at the discretion of the guests.
* Whatever not mentioned as being included.